1 Course was added to your basket
[Course Date], [Course Time]
[Course Venue], £[Course Cost]
Your place is not confirmed until you’ve completed your booking
Add another course
Painting Composition - (Easter)
This course will explore the formal ways in which paintings are constructed. Looking at a range of artists throughout the history of painting, the course will experiment with a variety of different ideas, techniques and materials to explore the questions 'what makes a painting interesting? What is the language of painting?' Discussions and exercises will revolve around narrative, surface, composition, texture, scale and colour, and keeping a journal throughout the class will help to formulate and record ideas. There will also be museum/gallery visits. This course is ideal for beginners and for more experienced students and artists who want to jump start their thinking, and aims to help you recognise and develop your own style and interests. You will leave the class with a range of work and a deeper understanding of how to progress your work.
Chris Koning is a practising artist with extensive experience teaching drawing and painting. She received her MA from Central Saint Martins in 2002 and completed her formal teaching qualification in 2008. Her work can be seen at www.chriskoning.com.
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
Alternative Dates and Times
Many of our courses are repeated throughout the year. If the above dates is not suitable for you, or there are no dates showing for this session, then please choose an alternative session.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A4 or A3 journal/sketchbook,
- A set of large cheap brushes (called 'rounds')
- Cup or jar for water
- Kitchen roll
- Large palette or palette pad or greaseproof paper
- Spray bottle for water (can be a recycled Windex bottle, for instance)
- Please do not bring oil paints as they take too long to dry.
- Please purchase a set of basic acrylic paints, including burnt umber, sienna, Prussian blue, ultramarine and/or cobalt blue, cerulean blue, cadmium red, cadmium yellow,lemon yellow.
- Black and white will be provided
Please note that we will be painting on paper